CLICK 'N' COLLECT IN-STORE ONLY
Collection in 1-7 days. More info »
E-HORNET HITCH series offer convenient mounting, user-friendly functions, heavy duty construction for carrying e-bikes. The large wheel support allow stable mounting of tires up to 4″ size. The locking clamp is the perfect solution to attach the bike frame. Simple design, strong and durable.
The HORNET H2 is a really well designed, simple and strong e-bike carrier; ease-to-use and very good value for your money.
The wide wheel supports allow to mount most regular bike sizes and tire sizes.
Key features of the E-HORNET 2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, E-HORNET H2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, fit the rack into the 2″ receiver with the wrench provided and you are ready to go!
Fitting to the car: Made to fit 2″ receiver tubes, equipped with a locking hitch bolt and tool included.
Holding the bike: Simply position the bike on the wheel support. Adjust the clamp position by sliding it around the vertical tubular frame to find the perfect fit with the bike frame. Clamp the frame, attach the wheels using the ratchet straps, lock the clamps.
Optional lighting system: The E-HORNET H2 was designed to receive our different lights and license plate supports (7 or 13 pin light kit available).
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. It gives you an easy access to the trunk.
Folding: Folding is easy using a simple handle secured with a safety steel clip.
Carrying bikes and e-bikes
- The wheel holders will accommodate most wheelbases (not tandem!), even small children’s bikes. Check technical data below
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 4” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The lockable frame arms hold your bikes securely and can be attached to any part of the frame, or the seat post. They can be locked using the same key as the tow ball attachment system.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg (132lbs), with no bike weighing more than 30kg (66lbs)
Other features and basic specifications
- A reminder that it locks to the car.
- The E-HORNET H2 sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 127cm wide x 93cm deep.
- Weight: 16.5kg (36.5lbs)
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- A loading ramp is available separately.
Max number of bikes: 2
Max weight per bike: 30kg (66lbs)
Max load capacity: 60kg (132lbs)
Max tire size: 4″
Fits 1.25″: no
Fits 2″: yes
Bike carrier to car lock: yes
Bike carrier to bike lock: yes
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
Due to warranty and supply agreements, all bicycles must be collected from our store.
$15 FLAT RATE AUSTRALIA WIDE
$15 flat rate postage. Excludes bikes (pick up in store only) and heavy items. Postal addresses must be business or residential address, we cannot ship to PO Boxes. Please call us after if you have any special delivery instructions.
We endeavour to ship all orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri on the same day. Any orders placed after 3pm, or over the weekend, will be sent on the next business day.
Delivery time is usually 3-5 business days from time of collection. Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for rural deliveries, depending on your area. These times are estimates only and may vary.
Please note that while we allow returns the item needs to be in as new condition and may incur a 20% restocking and/or we may on-charge freight if you have just changed your mind.
TRACKING YOUR PARCEL
When your order has been shipped you will receive an automated email confirmation containing your Shipping or Tracking number.
For Australia Post tracking numbers please follow the link below to track your parcel