Buzz Rack EAZZY 4 Bike Ball Mount Fold Platform Rack
CLICK 'N' COLLECT IN-STORE ONLY
Collection in 1-7 days. More info »
The BUZZRACK Eazzy 4 is a really well designed, well engineered piece of kit; smart, sophisticated and very good value for money.
Easy! The Eazzy 4 is very easy to fold which makes for easy lifting, easy carrying, easy fitting, easy storage in the car boot when you are out for a ride.
Folds to store in the car: this is really useful, because damage to tow bar carriers in car parks from other vehicles can be an issue. A tow bar carrier will almost certainly make your car much too long for a standard car parking space.
More detail about folding: because the support trays fold into the bike holder uprights (there are straps to hold them closed) the Eazzy 4 is easy to carry around, easy to fit and remove, and easy to store. The metal parts are steel, not aluminium, and it weighs almost 20kg, but because it’s a vertical 2-handed lift it feels much lighter than this, and there should be no strain on your back when moving it and fitting it. Most 4 bike wheel support racks are relatively very awkward and hard work to handle compared to the Eazzy 4.
Key features of the Eazzy 4
Assembly: The Eazzy 4 is supplied fully assembled, except for the lights which are attached with only 1 screw each side (which makes these lights particularly easy to replace if damaged), and there’s 1 bolt for the number plate holder – all fittings and a tool are supplied.
Fitting to the car: You fit the Eazzy 4 in its folded state, which leaves you with all the space you need to work on the tow ball fitting system. When you first place it on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening wheel until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK’s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting and the bike installation.
Lighting system: The Eazzy 4 comes with a 13 pin lighting system, including a reversing light. 13 pin to 7 pin adapter is not included.
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. The Eazzy 4 sits quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way. But this geometry doesn’t allow for tall vertical tailgates to be opened – e.g. VW Transporter T5 and T6.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The Eazzy 4 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the Eazzy series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls we see occasionally that do not meet standards for neck length or ball diameter.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- The Eazzy 4 sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 112cm wide x 94cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder). 24cm wide when folded.
- Weight: 19.8kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!